Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pinakbet with Tomato Sauce and Crispy Pork Ribs

I have originally posted this on my personal blog, The Misis Outtakes, but I'd also like to share this here with you, fellow wives.

If one of these days you find yourself bored and hungry, and luckily you also find a full set of pinakbet ingredients in your fridge, here's a good recipe for you. Better news is, I've put a little twist to my pinakbet. Ready to cook? Game!

Kidding aside, this really tastes good!

Ingredients:
1 onion
garlic
5 pcs ripe tomato
oil
1/2 of a medium sized squash
3 pieces camote fruit
1 medium size ampalaya
2 pieces eggplant
10-12 pieces okra
stringbeans
1/2 kilogram spare ribs
tomato sauce
salt and pepper

Steps:
1. Saute onion.

2. When the onion becomes a little transparent, put in the garlic. One of my aunts told me before that you should sprinkle a little salt when sauteing onions and garlic to add taste.

3. Add the ripe tomatoes. My mom mashes the tomatoes to create a sort of tomato sauce.

4. While waiting for the tomato to cook, prepare the pork. I recently learned that pork should be air dried so the oil won't spatter. I didn't have so much time today so I just patted it with paper towels.

5. Heat the oil in a pan. Or a casserole.

 6. Deep fry the ribs.

 7. Take out the pork and put it aside.

8. Go back to the other pan and put the camote fruit and squash. My mom told me that you put the hardest ingredient first. Put water and let it boil.

9. After a few minutes, check if the squash and camote is a half cooked.

10. Put the ampalaya next. I believe cooking is common sense. You just put in all the vegetable haha!

10. Next is the eggplant. Try not to mix the vegetable often because the quash and camote might get mashed too.

11. Last to put is the okra and string beans. Do not overcook! :D

12. Last but not the least, pour the tomato sauce! Since this is my first time to cook pinakbet, I didn't know how much tomato sauce to put so I just poured the entire 250ml pouch. Put salt and pepper to taste.

 Look at that yummy pinakbet! Top it with the crispy pork ribs. Serve with steaming rice and Coke! I am so proud to say Jeff loved this pinakbet. :D

Ria, when do you plan to cook this for Jayr? :P



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally I've been searching for a recipe of pinakbet with tomato sauce but can't find one in youtube. Luckily I searched in google and found your post! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I'm gonna cook this tomorrow. Oh by the way, is it okay to add shrimp paste or it will not match up with the tomato sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete